Southern California Edison (SCE) is seeking to increase its electricity rates, and customers will get two chances to directly address the issue in Fontana in May.
The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) will be holding public hearings on Tuesday, May 9 at 2 p.m. and again at 7 p.m. at the Jessie Turner Health and Fitness Center, 15556 Summit Avenue.
Interested persons are invited to attend. In addition to receiving comments from the public, customer service representatives from SCE will be available to assist with any customer billing and service concerns.
SCE is requesting to increase rates and revenue by $222 million by January of 2018, an additional increase of $533 million in 2019, and $570 million in 2020.
If the CPUC approves the application, the impact on non-CARE residential customers who use the system-wide average of 600 kWh per month would be about $3.75 a month in 2018. In 2019, the monthly increase would be about $5.65 and in 2020 the monthly increase would be about $7.29.
SCE said the primary reasons for the proposed revenue increases are:
1. Electric grid safety;
2. Reinforcing grid reliability, and grid resiliency in case of an emergency;
3. Improving customer service and communication, and offering customers more choices to meet their needs; and
4. Modernizing the electric grid to integrate distributed energy resources without compromising safety and reliability.
----- CUSTOMERS with Internet access may view and download SCE’s application and related exhibits on SCE’s website by following this procedure:
1. Go to www.sce.com/applications;
2. Scroll down to “2018 GRC” and click on the link;
3. The 2018 GRC application and testimony are presented in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format and can be viewed online, printed, or saved to a hard drive.
Anyone who would like to obtain more information about this application from SCE can write to: Southern California Edison Company, A.16-09-001 – SCE’s 2018 GRC, P.O. Box 800 Rosemead, CA 91770, Attention: Shinjini Menon, Director, General Rate Case
Persons who would like to follow this proceeding, or any other issue before the CPUC, may use the CPUC’s free subscription service by signing up at: http://subscribecpuc.cpuc.ca.gov/.
Persons may also access the CPUC’s Public Advisor Office (PAO) webpage at www.cpuc.ca.gov/pao/.
To contact the Public Advisor Office:
Send an Email: email@example.com
Write: Public Advisor’s Office, California Public Utilities Commission, 505 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102
Reference Southern California Edison GRC Application No. A.16-09-001 in any communications with the CPUC regarding this matter.