Incumbents Mike Lara, Lloyd White and Rey Santos have been elected to four more years on the Beaumont City Council.

The results were final as of Wednesday morning, with Lara garnering 3,872 votes, White, 3,251 votes and Santos, 3,232 votes.

The other candidates, Ron Roy and Victor Dominguez, received 2,880 votes and 1,285 votes respectively.

Roy and Dominguez ran two years ago in the election that saw Nancy Carroll and Julio Martinez gain seats on the city council. Carroll had been city treasurer and Martinez was city clerk when they both ran for city council and won.

Lara and White were elected in 2014, along with former city councilman Mark Orozco, who resigned in 2017 after being indicted by a grand jury on bribery and perjury charges.

Santos, a real estate broker, was appointed to Orozco’s seat to fill out the rest of his term, which ended in November 2018.

This will be Santos’ first full four-year term on the council.

On Wednesday morning, the incumbents were happy about their wins and four more years of working together for the city of Beaumont.

“I’m really excited,” said Lloyd White. “I think we kept the team together. I think Beaumont is going to move in the right direction.”

Lara agreed with his fellow councilmember. “We’ve got a great team that will stay intact and the city will benefit from that,” he said.

Santos is happy to serve four more years.

“First and foremost, I personally, would like to thank the citizens of Beaumont for their trust in me, so I can continually serve our city wholeheartedly with transparency, accountability and full responsibility towards Beaumont’s prosperity,” Santos said.

Steve Mehlman ran unopposed for city clerk, receiving 4,967 votes.

Staff Writer Julie Farren may be reached at jfarren@recordgazette.net.

0
0
0
0
0

More from this section

The morning of April 10, detectives from the Banning Police Department were attempting to serve an arrest warrant on Jacob Estrada, a 25 year-old resident of Banning; Estrada was able to get in the backseat of a vehicle and the vehicle fled.

In August 2015, the Banning Police Department began an investigation into allegations of lewd and lascivious acts involving Ronald Stuart Wansor, a forty-six-year-old from the city of Banning.

(1) comment

SoCalSteve

Even though I ran unopposed for City Clerk in Tuesday's election, nearly 5,000 people went to the trouble of checking my name on your ballots. I am truly grateful for your show of support. Thank you, Beaumont!

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.